Other local points of interest include historic Kobarid, the setting for Hemingway's "A Farewell to Arms" with its wealth of top class restaurants and museum to the First World War history (the Soca Valley was a major front during WW1 and there are fascinating monuments and visits possible all over the Valley), Tolmin, the main town in the region and home to the wonderful Tolmin Gorge just 15 minutes from the apartments, Bovec, a pretty town at the head of the Soca valley and a mecca for adventure sports and now home to an excellent new golf course and lastly the extraordinarily pretty Goriska Brda wine growing region just 30 kilometres from the apartment. Most na Soci, a pretty lakeside town 10 minutes drive from Maharac Apartments ishome to a train station which offers two very interesting possible excursions - one is the regular car train which runs to Bohinjska Bistrica. Just drive on with your car and an hour later after a scenic ride through hidden valleys (and then through a long tunnel under the mountains) you arrive at Bohinjska Bistrica just a few minutes from Lake Bohinj - one of Slovenia's most beautiful spots and a great day trip. The other is the wonderful old steam train which runs from Nova Gorica to Lake Bled every Sunday.
|Area||Bovec & Soca Valley|
|Convenience store||5 km|
|Bar||Bar / cafe in Kamno village at weekends, otherwise nearest is 3km|
70 km to Trieste Airport (Italy)
100 km to Ljubljana Airport
130 km to Klagenfurt Airport (Austria)
180 km to Venice Airport (Italy)
|Bus||Bus connections from Kamno up and down the Soča Valley and beyond. There are more connections available in Tolmin.|
|Train||The nearest train station is on the outskirts of Most Na Soci (see above description) with a direct connections to Gorizia/Italy and Bled/Bohinj/Jesenice/Villach. Taxis are available.|
With the entrance at the front of the house this ground floor apartment is 90 m2, and sleeps 2-6. It has two bedrooms, one with a double bed and one with bunk bed. There is a kitchen, bathroom, separate toilet and a large living room with a wood fire and a sofa bed. It has an extra large dining table seating 10. At the front there is a terrace with garden furniture.
Covering the entire first floor, apartment 2 covers 110 m2 (if you include the terrace and balcony 130 m2) and sleeps 2-6. With its independent entrance at the side of the house, it has three bedrooms, two with double beds and one with bunk bed. There is a separate living room with a passage to the kitchen, bathroom with shower, separate toilet and a large terrace at the back and a large balcony at the front, both with garden furniture.
Occupying the loft floor and with independent access via the back of the house, Apartment 3 covers 90m2 plus balcony. It has two double bedrooms and one bedroom with bunk bed. There is an open plan living room / kitchen / dining room with access onto the balcony, bathoom with shower and separate toilet.
Central heating, washing machine, satellite-TV, DVD-player, coffee machine, microwave, wireless internet and a stereo are standard in each apartment. For smaller children there is a child’s bed and bath available on request on a first come first served basis.
|Internal size||70 m2|
|No. of bedrooms||2|
Bedroom 1: Double bedroom (with double bed sleeping 2)
Bedroom 2: Twin bedroom (with 2 single beds)
|Sofabeds||One double sofabed in the living room|
|No. of bathrooms||1|
Bathroom with shower, separate toilet, washing machine
There is also a small childs bath available
|Kitchen||Each apartment has a fully equipped kitchen with hob, oven, microwave, coffee machine, grill, fridge, freezer, toaster|
|Living room||TV, DVD player, satellite TV, stereo, wireless internet, seating for 6|
|Dining room / area||Seating for 6|
|Garden / outer space||1000 m2|
|Garden / outside space||
Apartment 1: there is a terrace with garden furniture
The house has a large (1000m2), child friendly garden, a covered stone BBQ area seating 12. In the garden there are lots of places to sit privately.
|TV||Flatscreen TV with satellite TV|
|Provided by owner||Bed linen, towels and tea towels.|
|Parking||There is ample car parking available. Guests should advise in the event of having more than 1 car / apartment.|
|Pets||Some pets considered, please check before booking|
|Smoking||Not permitted inside the property.|
|Accessible for disabled||No|
- Summer and Festive season 122 EUR/night (01/07/19-01/09/19, 20/12/19-05/01/20)
- Rest of the year (price for up to 2 guests): 75 EUR/night (06/01/19-30/06/19, 02/09/19-19/12/19)
- Rest of the year (price for up to 3 guests): 90 EUR/night (06/01/19-30/06/19, 02/09/19-19/12/19)
- Rest of the year (price for up to 6 guests): 100 EUR/night (06/01/19-30/06/19, 02/09/19-19/12/19)
- 2 - 7 nights dependent on season
- Last minute discount: /
- Multiple week discount: /
- Low Occupancy discount: /
- One discount of highest value is applicable per booking
- Tourist tax: 2.00 EUR/adults/night, 1.00 EUR children 7-18/night
- Tourist tax is calculated based on valid regulations at the time of booking. If local regulations on tourist tax change between booking and arrival, the amount which is correct at the time of arrival will be chargeable.
- Baby beds / other options: Baby bed can be provided upon request.
- Cleaning cost 40 Eur per booking
- Pets allowed on request for extra charge of 5 EUR per night
- From 1st of October to 1st of May heating costs will be charged
- During festivals or special events prices can be different
- Deposit / payment schedule is stated in booking information under property calendar on the right.
- A refundable security deposit of 200 EUR is payable for this property.