The Krka river itself offers fantastic fly-fishing and excellent kayaking to suit all levels. The countryside surrounding the valley is dotted with vineyards and offers huge scope for family friendly walking and biking in lovely natural surroundings. There are a number of spas in the region – the closest being Dolenjske Toplice 20km away whilst golf can be found nearby at Trebnje and Otocec. The region is also rich with sights including Kostanjevica na Krki, Pleterje & Otocec and the regional capital Novo Mesto. Ljubljana too is an easy excursion – only 40 minutes drive from the property. 40km south of the property lies the magnificent Kocevje forest – Slovenia’s bear country.
|Convenience store||7 km|
|Airport 1||85km to Ljubljana Airport|
|Airport 2||110km to Pula / Rijeka Airports (Croatia)|
|Bus||Bus connections from Žužemberk to a variety of destinations in Slovenia.|
|Train||The nearest train station is Trebnje (20 km)|
The larger Cottage Lipa (Lime tree) sleeps up to 10. It features a very large and comfortable living room (with fireplace and double sofabed) open plan with the kitchen and dining room. There is also a separate pantry, entry area and comfortable bathroom on the ground floor. Upstairs is a large master bedroom with 2 double beds ideal for a family and a smaller second double bedroom with double bed. There is also a play area / secondary living space upstairs which has a double sofabed if required.
Just a few steps away is Cottage Vrba (Willow) which accommodates 6 people. On the ground floor is kitchen – dining area half open plan with the cosy living room with fireplace (ad double sofabed). The bathroom is also on the ground floor. On the first floor is a very large bedroom with double bed and double sofabed if required.
Surrounding the cottages is a fantastic secluded enclosed garden with lovely outdoor eating area under the shade of a lime tree, a BBQ area and boules pitch. Finally there is a small old wooden granary where children will love to play.
|Accommodation type||Authentic holiday cottage|
|Internal size||80 m2|
|No. of bedrooms||1|
|Bedroom notes||1 Bedroom with Double bed|
|Sofabeds||Two double sofa beds (one in the living room, one in the bedroom)|
|No. of bathrooms||1|
|Bathroom notes||Bathroom with bath/shower, heated towel rail and washing machine. Hairdryer.
|Kitchen||Fully furnished kitchens with hob, oven, refrigerator, freezer, crockery and cutlery.|
|Living room||Open plan dining/lounge area.|
|Dining room / area||Cottage Vrba: dining area for 6|
|Garden / outer space||3000 m2|
|Garden / outside space||The house is surrounded by a huge garden.|
|Provided by owner||Bed linen, towels and tea towels.|
|Parking||Parking onsite for 3-4 cars.|
|Smoking||Not permitted inside the property.|
|Accessible for disabled||No|
|Other||Various toys for children - big box of Lego available for children, outside swing, pedal tractor with trailer suitable for children up to 10 years of age, board games.|
- Low season 100 EUR/night (07/01/19-19/12/19)
- High season 150 EUR/night (20/12/19-05/01/20)
- 3 nights
- Last minute discount: 15% for bookings made within 1 week of arrival
- Multiple week discount: 5% on stays of 10 nights or more
- Low Occupancy discount: /
- One discount of highest value is applicable per booking
- Tourist tax: 1.50 EUR/adults/night, 0.75 EUR children 7-18/night
- Tourist tax is calculated based on valid regulations at the time of booking. If local regulations on tourist tax change between booking and arrival, the amount which is correct at the time of arrival will be chargeable.
- Baby beds / other options: /
- Cleaning charge: 50 Eur per house
- Extra person: The prices are based on 4 persons in house Vrba. Each additional guest will be charged 20 Eur / night (max 6 guest in Vrba).
- Deposit / payment schedule is stated in booking information under property calendar on the right.
- A refundable security deposit of 200 EUR is payable for this property.