In one direction the Pokljuka offers stunning alpine pastures and forests, magnificent walking and biking routes and Slovenia’s best cross country skiing in Winter. In the other direction (4km) Bohinjska Bistrica town offers a wide range of amenities close at hand - various shops, bars, restaurants, bank, post office, service station and an excellent water park with ample pool and spa facilities. In the other direction the Upper Bohinj Valley leads directly to Lake Bohinj (8km) via a chain of charming villages, notably Srednja Vas where the closest (3km) restaurants are located including Rupar - one of Bohinj’s best known places to eat and which also is home to a small ski local resort which is ideal for beginners and kids.
Lake Bohinj itself is a serene lake surrounded by towering peaks and pristine forests considered by many to be the most beautiful part of Slovenia. In Summer the Lake offers the opportunity for kayaking, sailing and rowing, as well as fly-fishing, swimming or just relaxing on the lake shore. The mountains of Lake Bohinj are fantastic for walking and arguably the best place to start climbs up Slovenia's highest mountain, Triglav. They also offer scope for great mountain biking, canyoning, paragliding as well as skiing.
The ski resort Vogel above Lake Bohinj is one of Slovenia’s best with good lift infrastructure and snow record. It is 15-20 minutes drive from the house to the Vogel cable car, which is also open in the summer giving easy access to high altitude walking and mountain biking. There is a wide range of other ski areas in Slovenia / Italy / Austria within day trip distance from the property. Please click here for a map / guide to these resorts.
In the unlikely event that you run out of things to do in Bohinj then just 20 minutes drive away from the house is world famous Lake Bled!
|Convenience store||Bohinjska Bistrica - 4km / 5 minutes drive|
|Restaurant||Srednja Vas (3km) - 2 restaurants, plenty more in Bohinjska Bistrica - 4km / 5 minutes drive|
|Bar||Srednja Vas (3km) or Bohinjska Bistrica - 4km / 5 minutes drive|
|Airport 1||60km to Ljubljana Airport|
|Airport 2||70km to Klagenfurt Airport (Austria)|
|Bus||There is a bus station in the village with regular connections to Bohinjska BIstrica and the Lake.|
|Train||4 km to the nearest railway station in Bohinjska Bistrica with connections around Slovenia including the wonderful car train to Most Na Soci a wonderful way to get to the Soca Valley for a day trip.|
|Tourist Bus||In Summer the hop on hop off Bohinj tourist bus passes through Jereka village.|
|Accommodation type||Spacious holiday home with amazing views|
|Internal size||160 m2|
|No. of bedrooms||5|
|Bedroom notes||Bedroom 1: Twin bedroom (sleeps 2)
Bedroom 2: Bunk bedroom (sleeps 2)
Bedroom 3: Double bedroom (sleeps 2) - spacious room with access to panoramic balcony
Bedroom 4: Double bedroom (sleeps 2) - beautiful private balcony
Bedroom 5: Twin bedroom
|Sofabeds||Comfortable double sofabed in the second living room. This can be used as a private bedroom when there are groups of 10-12 people.|
|No. of bathrooms||3|
|Bathroom notes||3 bathrooms (2 spacious, one smaller) all with high quality showers and bathroom furniture. There is also a washing machine.|
Hob, oven, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, toaster, kettle, microwave.
|Living room||2 living rooms (adjacent to each other on the same floor):
Main living room has sofas for 6 - 8 people and is open plan with dining area / kitchen and has access onto a stunning balcony.
The second living room has additional sofa space for 3. This converts to a double sofabed.
There is a TV in each living room.
There is a lovely wood-burner in the main living-room.
|Dining room / area||Seating for 8 people on the main table and an additional 4 using table extensions.|
|Garden / outer space||150 m2|
|Garden / outside space||The house is surrounded by a garden and there is a lovely terrace with views at the front for alfresco eating in Summer months complete with BBQ.|
|Entertainment||Wireless Internet, 2 Flatscreen TVs , Internet TV.
Please note due to bandwidth capacity sometimes internet TV can only be used on one TV at a time.
|Provided by owner||Bed linen, towels and tea towels.|
|Parking||Private on site parking for 2 -3 cars|
|Smoking||Not permitted inside the property.|
|Accessible for disabled||No bedrooms / bathrooms on the ground floor|
|Other||Table tennis room.
Summer kitchen in basement.
- Low season 155 EUR/night (03/03/19-26/04/19 , 19/10/19-13/12/19)
- Mid season: 185 EUR/night (05/01/19-14/02/19, 27/04/18-21/06/19, 07/09/19-18/10/19)
- High season 215 EUR/night (15/02/19-02/03/19)
- Holiday season: 250 EUR/night (22/06/19-06/09/19, 14/12/19-03/01/20)
- 3 - 6 nights dependent on season
- Last minute discount: Permanent 15% discount off whole booking if booked within 1 week of arrival for bookings in all seasons
- Multiple week discount: Permanent 5% discount on stays of 10 nights or more in all seasons
- Low Occupancy discount: /
- 35 EUR / night for groups 9-12
- Tourist tax: 2.00 EUR/adults/night, 1.00 EUR children 7-18/night
- Tourist tax is calculated based on valid regulations at the time of booking. If local regulations on tourist tax change between booking and arrival, the amount which is correct at the time of arrival will be chargeable.
- Cleaning fee 40 EUR
- Baby beds / other options: Baby bed and high chair can be provided upon request (7 EUR/night each)
- Deposit / payment schedule is stated in booking information under property calendar on the right.
- A refundable security deposit of 200 EUR is payable for this property.