Zaprice Castle was built in the 14th century by the Deinger von Apecz family and then rebuilt in the early 16th century by Jurij Lamberg. During the 17th and 18th centuries it was once again rebuilt in the Baroque style and enlarged into a residential building.
Once a meeting place for Kamnik's Lutherans, the castle has changed hands many times. The last private owners had it until 1945 when it was nationalised and made into a multi-residental building. It has since become a museum and venue for cultural events.