Lake Jasna, a short walk out of the centre of Kranjska Gora offers a stunning place to swim and sunbathe in beautiful mountain scenery. Walking is one of the main summer attractions with a huge range of beautiful trails to suit all abilities. Not far away from the Trata farmhouse there is a wonderful cycling trail on an old railway track, running 30km from the bottom of the Upper Sava Valley into Italy. There is also a huge range of mountain biking paths in the region including a World Cup mountain bike park on the Kranjska Gora ski slopes. There is also a Summer Sledging piste on the ski slopes which is very popular with kids.
The town of Kranjska Gora itself is a pretty alpine affair, very family friendly, with lots of lively restaurants, bars and a couple of swimming pools / spas. There is a wide range of other ski areas in Slovenia / Italy / Austria within day trip distance from the property. Please click here for a map / guide to these resorts.
|Convenience store||3 km - Kranjska Gora|
|Restaurant||Within walking distance|
|Bar||Within walking distance|
|Airport 1||50 km to Ljubljana Airport|
|Airport 2||50 km to Klagenfurt Airport (Austria)|
|Bus||There is a good bus service from Gozd Martuljek to Kranjska Gora, 10 - 15 times / day, from 5am to 10pm in both directions - great for getting to the ski slopes. Also good connections from Kranjska Gora to a variety of destinations in Slovenia|
|Train||The nearest train stations are Jesenice (30km), Villach in Austria (30km), Tarvisio in Italy (20km)|
Deluxe ApartmentsSpread over 150 m2 on the ground floor. The Trata Farmhouse’s De Luxe Apartment can accommodate up to 10 guests in 2 bedrooms with a giant castle bed which sleeps 6. It has a large living room has a large LCD TV as well as a traditional wood burning heater/ oven (perfect for wood-fired pizzas). There are two bathrooms (one with shower and toilet, the other with separate shower and WC). There is a large fully equipped kitchen complete with 100 year old stove as well as modern appliance (electric hobs, dishwasher, fridge with wine compartment, etc.), and a large solid timber dining table. The residence also has a staircase library and a beautiful wine cellar with vaulted ceilings and a large handmade table and benches for 16 people, fitted out with antique furniture as well as a modern stereo system. De Luxe Apartment also opens onto a terrace with spectacular views of Mt Špik in the Julian Alps which rises steeply behind the property.
|Accommodation type||Apartment in a traditional alpine homestead.|
|Internal size||150 m2|
|No. of bedrooms||2|
|Bedroom notes||2 double bedrooms|
|Sofabeds||Giant castle bed for 6 in the living room|
|No. of bathrooms||2|
|Bathroom notes||2 bathrooms - 1 with shower and toilet, the other with shower and WC separate|
|Kitchen||Wood-fired oven (in living room), 100 year old stove, electric stove top, fridge with wine compartment, dishwasher, microwave, toaster, kettle
Studio apartment: Kitchenette with electric stove top, fridge, microwave
|Living room||Giant castle bed for 6 in the living room, traditional wood burning heater/ oven; LCD TV|
|Dining room / area||Open plan kitchen and dining room with large solid timber dining table; smaller table in living room; large wine cellar with seating for 16 people.|
|Garden / outer space||4000 m2|
|Garden / outside space||The homestead is set on a 4000 m2 estate surrounded by meadows, woods and mountains. Beside the house is a garden, BBQ facilities and a terrace.
Deluxe apartment opens onto terrace with breathtaking views of Mt Špik in the Julian Alps
|TV||Large LCD TV with satellite TV channels|
|Entertainment||Wine cellar with seating for 16 and modern stereo system; library.|
|Provided by owner||Bed linen, towels and tea towels.|
|Pets||Yes, 7 Eur / day, please check before booking|
|Smoking||Not permitted inside the property.|
|Accessible for disabled||Yes - but there are a few stairs up to ground floor|
|Other||There is a baby cot available to use for extra charge 5 Eur / day (please bring your own bedding for your baby)|
- Season A: 320 EUR/night (24/12/18-01/01/2019)
- Season B: 230 EUR/night (02/01/19-12/01/19, 16/02/19-02/03/19)
- Season C: 200 EUR/night (13/01/19-15/02/19, 03/03/19-20/03/19)
- Season D: 350 EUR/night (21/03/19-24/03/19)
- Season E: 165 EUR/night (25/03/19-26/04/19)
- Season F: 210 EUR/night (27/04/19-04/05/19. 22/06/19-05/07/19, 31/08/19-13/09/19)
- Season G: 165 EUR/night (05/05/19-21/06/19, 14/09/19-20/12/19)
- Season H: 230 EUR/night (06/06/19-30/08/19)
- 2 - 5 nights dependent on season
- Last minute discount: /
- Multiple week discount: /
- Low Occupancy discount: /
- One discount of highest value is applicable per booking
- Tourist tax: 1.60 EUR/adults/night, 0.80 EUR children 7-18/night
- Tourist tax is calculated based on valid regulations at the time of booking. If local regulations on tourist tax change between booking and arrival, the amount which is correct at the time of arrival will be chargeable.
- Baby beds / other options: Baby bed can be provided upon request for extra charge 5 Eur per night.
- Final cleaning charge: 50 EUR per booking
- Pets: upon request for extra 7 EUR/night
- Deposit / payment schedule is stated in booking information under property calendar on the right.