The surrounding mountains are in general fantastic for walking; they also offer scope for great mountain biking, canyoning, paragliding as well as skiing. The ski resort Kanin on the Italian border is one of Slovenia’s best with good lift infrastructure and snow record. A second ski area Sella Nevea (Italy) adjoins Kanin and offers good beginner - intermediate level skiing; the one ski pass covers both sides of the mountain. It is a 10 minute drive from the house to the Gondola, which is also open in the Summer giving easy access to breathtaking high altitude walking and mountain biking. There is a wide range of other ski areas in Slovenia / Italy / Austria within day trip distance from the property. Please click here for a map / guide to these resorts.
There is a wonderful lake just 20 minutes from Bovec over the Predel pass into Italy – called Raibl Lake; it is a stunningly beautiful and wild lake between the Kanin and Montaz massifs in the "forgotten" valley which runs from Tarvisio to Sella Nevea.
|Area||Bovec & Soca Valley|
|Convenience store||Bovec - approx 300 m|
|Restaurant||Bovec - approx 500 m|
|Bar||Bovec - approx 500 m|
|Airport 1||87 km to Trieste Airport (Italy)|
|Airport 2||113 km to Ljubljana Brnik Airport (Slovenia)|
|Bus||There is a local bus service connecting Bovec with various places around Slovenia.|
|Train||30km to the nearest railway station in Tarvisio (Italy)|
Mala Vas Chalet occupies most of the building but there are a couple of other apartments in the building which each have separate entrances.
|Accommodation type||Holiday house|
|No. of bedrooms||6|
Bedroom 1: Double bedroom (with double bed sleeping 2) with ensuite shower room.
Bedroom 2: Twin bedroom (with 2 single beds) with ensuite shower room.
Bedroom 3: Twin bedroom (with 2 single beds) with ensuite shower room.
Bedroom 4: Triple bedroom (with 3 single beds) with ensuite shower room.
Bedroom 5: LOFT - Twin bedroom (with 2 single beds) with ensuite shower room.
Bedroom 6: LOFT - Single bedroom (with 1 single bed)
|No. of bathrooms||5|
|Bathroom notes||With the exception of the single bedroom in the loft, all bedrooms have ensuite bathrooms with shower enclosure, toilet and hand basin. There is a separate toilet on the first level of the house near the main entry.|
|Kitchen||Semi open plan kitchen with washing machine, dishwasher, oven 5 ring gas stove with extractor, coffee machine, kettle, utensils, microwave, toaster & large fridge freezer.|
|Living room||Spacious open plan living room / diner with 3 large sofas and open fireplace.|
|Dining room / area||Spacious open plan diner / living room with one 8 seater dining table and one 4 seater dining table.|
|Garden / outer space||20 m2|
|Garden / outside space||There is a small garden adjoining the property and a lovely balcony accessed from the living room of the upper floor apartment with sun loungers and views of the Julian Alps on two sides.|
|Provided by owner||Bed linen, towels and tea towels.|
|Parking||Parking for 3-4 cars in front of the house|
|Smoking||Not permitted inside the property.|
|Accessible for disabled||No|
- Low season 135 EUR/night (06/01/18-18/05/18, 15/09/18-18/12/18)
- Mid season: 145 EUR/night (19/05/18-29/06/18, 18/08/18-14/09/18)
- High season 155 EUR/night (30/07/18-17/08/18, 15/12/18-04/01/19)
- 3 - 5 nights dependent on season
- Last minute discount: Permanent 15% discount off whole booking if booked within 1 week of arrival for bookings in all seasons
- Multiple week discount: 5% discount on stays of 10 nights or more in all seasons.
- Low Occupancy discount: /
- One discount of highest value is applicable per booking
- extra 30 EUR / night for groups of 10-12
- Tourist tax: 1.26 EUR/adults/night, 0.63 EUR children 7-18/night
- Baby beds / other options: /
- Deposit / payment schedule is stated in booking information under property calendar on the right.
- A refundable security deposit of 200 EUR is payable for this property.