Built around 1600 on the foundations of an older structure, Dobrovo Castle is almost a perfect square with square turrets on each corner. Located in the LIttoral region of Slovenia, the castle remains today much like it was when built. One of the square turrets was converted into a chapel dedicated to St. Anthony of Padua. The chapels hosts a permanent display of gothic frescoes, originals and copies taken from other churches in the North Primorska region.
The Hall of Kings inside the castle is the venue for many musical and other cultural events throughout the year. Also inside is a restaurant, wine cellar and shop stocking wines from the Brda region.